Search This Blog

Saturday, May 24, 2014

KFC at home

When browsing for a dinner recipe on the http://www.foodnetwork.com/, I came across a chicken tender recipe that looked like something that the whole family would like so I decided to give it a try. One technique I learned in this recipe was how to bread chicken. Basically there are three stations, flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
Breading stations

 For each station I used pie pans so that they would have a high wall to keep the ingredients in. For the bread crumbs I used 1/3 cup of store bought bread crumbs, and then crushed up one bag of croutons to add more flavor. Crushing up the croutons was quite hard, probably because they were still frozen when I started :/ I ended up laying them out and using a rolling pin which worked somewhat well. The breading went well except for the fact that when you try to bread the chicken, you end up breading your fingers at the same time! To fix this so that I didn't have to wash my hands between each chicken piece, I had my mom do the bread crumbs and I did the first two stations. The raw chicken must be handled very carefully because you could get sick from it. One tip I learned is that if raw chicken sits in your trash then it will start to smell. To fix that, we put the chicken scraps in a ziplock bag and freeze them until trash day! I also made some orange barbeque sauce (sorry no picture). I didn't eat the sauce because it had chunks from the marmalade, but my mom said that it was good and that it had a hint of orange but wasn't too overpowering. For the chicken and barbeque recipe you can visit this website: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/crouton-crushed-chicken-tenders-with-orange-barbeque-sauce-recipe.html Here is a picture of them before they went in the oven. They pretty much looked the same when they came out.

3 comments:

  1. I always get really hungry when I look at your blog. Great looking food as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Smart tip about the raw chicken smell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food always looks delicious!!! I LOVE chicken tenders!!!!!

    ReplyDelete