Search This Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pizza Night!

For my fourth recipe I made homemade pizza. We got a bread machine about four years ago, but I have never once used it so this was a great opportunity for me to learn how. It is very easy and I am confident I would be able to make pizzas again in the future by myself. The first step is making the dough for the pizza. We combined flour, sugar, salt, olive oil, water, and dry yeast into the bread pan. 




Since we weren't baking it right away, we made a little pile of the dry yeast in the flour so that it didn't combine with any other ingredients. On the bread machine, you are able to set a timer so it doesn't start baking for a certain amount of time. Since I had two soccer games, we had to calculate what time to set the timer so that the bread would be done shortly after we got home. When it was done, we split the dough in half and stretched it into a circle (I used a rolling pin to make it a little easier). Then we brushed it with vegetable oil, lightly covered it with Saran Wrap, and let them sit for 15 minutes. Next I spread the sauce on both pizzas and covered both with shredded cheese. I made my pizza just cheese, but my dad prepared toppings to put on his. After all the toppings were on we covered them with a little more cheese.



 Next we put them in the oven at 400° for 20 minutes. They turned out great! 


4 comments:

  1. Those look delicious. My parents make pizza often. Maybe I should have them teach me how to make pizza sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! It is super easy and tastes great!

      Delete
  2. Great looking pizzas. My dad is pretty good at making pizza, but I don't think he's ever used a bread maker before. It looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful presentation at the 20-Time Fair! Delicious cookies and a popular booth!

    ReplyDelete